2012 has been an incredible year for me.
I have accomplished so much, and achieved goals that have previously seemed impossible. Obviously, the weight loss has been the highlight of my year. I weigh over 120 pounds less than I did going into 2012. But beyond the total pounds, there have been a lot of other non-scale victories (also known as NSVs in the weight loss community).
Some of my favorite NSVs:
- Having the energy to walk 10+ hours a day with my family in London
- Fitting into jeans and dresses that haven’t fit since I was newly married to my husband
- Being able to go on airplane flights without a seatbelt extender…and having extra slack on the seatbelt when I pull it taut.
- Seeing my collarbones again. And my knee bones. And my wrist bones.
- Acquiring an amazing support network, both online and offline, by sharing my story
- Meeting Beth (aka Melting Mama) and many friends from Bariatric Bad Girls Club
- Having the confidence to go on TV and be featured as KSL’s Blog of the Week
- Being able to cross my legs comfortably
- Tossing aside my giant beach towel and using a regular-sized towel for bathing
- Looking at myself in the mirror…and seeing the real Nicole that I know has been there all along…